TANZANIA MINERALS EVALUATION CONSULTANTS LTD ARE THE CONSULTANT FOR YAPI MERKEZI FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF STANDARD GAUGE RAILWAY (SGR) BETWEEN DAR-ES-SALAAM AND DODOMA TANZANIA.
Yapi Merkezi is an international privately-owned contracting company, specialising in rail engineering, design, manufacture and construction contracted by the Government of Tanzania for the Construction of a Standard Gauge (SGR) between Dar-Es-Salaam and Dodoma. The company also has experience in electrification, signalling and telecommunication systems.
Yapi Merkezi, founded in 1965, is located in Istanbul, Turkey, as well as branches in the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Algeria, Morocco, Ethiopia and Tanzania.
Work accomplished by Tanzania Minerals Evaluation Consultants Ltd (TMECL) to YAPI MERKEZI to date includes:
1) Scouting of the area with high quality Granite, enough tonnage for big project like Standard Gauge Railway (SGR) and good infrastructure
2) Meetings with several owners of old quarries in Lugoba and Msata areas. Arranging meetings aiming at educating them, convincing them to receive and accept investors to work together in SGR for smooth operation. In some cases there conflicts between local people and investors or foreign Contractors
3) Arrange several field trips with YAPI representatives aiming at selection of old quarry which will satisfy YAPPI’s requirements
4) Organize several meetings between YAPI and YAATE Investment Co. Ltd (owner of the selected quarry)
5) Assist YAPI MERKEZI to search the ownership, validity and sizes of the YAATE Investment Co. Ltd.’s licenses at the Ministry of Energy and Minerals Tanzania.
6) Routine site visits helping YAPI MERKEZI to demarcate YAATE licenses boundaries to avoid trace passing to other licenses.
7) Coordinate with village leaders, Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO) on any issues concerning Lugoba aggregate project operated by YAPI MERKEZI.
8) License application for YAATE Investment Co. Ltd on areas where YAATE’s licenses did not cover but for better production and operations is needed by YAPI MERKEZI.
9) Educate both YAATE Investment Co. Ltd and YAPI MERKEZI representatives on some important Tanzania Mining regulation to be followed during mining operations
10) Insist both TAATE and YAPI to follow safety policy has been set by the Government of Tanzania
11.Consulting any other issue that may arise for future ongoing projects
12. Project available for sale or investment call : +255 756 900440